MS in Canada is a multicultural, tolerant, immigrant-friendly and very beautiful country with World class education., Doing your study in Canada is a big deal as Canada is the Global hub for students to pursue their higher education. Every year in Canada there are 1,90,000 students from 200 different countries. There are a lot of Universities but finding the best one for doing your education is more important. Make our own checklist according to our choices and find the choose the best one.
Many students come to do masters in Canada and some come for undergraduate courses. Students pursuing Master of Science in Canada and an MBA in Canada has a lot of choices while choosing from the long list of Masters college in Canada.
Why study masters in Canada?
- Canada is the Global Hub for Higher Education.
- High quality of teaching and quality controls in Canadian universities.
- Doing your masters in top Universities with high research centres.
- Students get to experience the practical knowledge of the industry by doing internships in the top Universities.
- Affordable cost of Education and more scholarships compared to the other famous destination for doing masters.
- Getting Student visa, work visa and PR process, everything is damn easy.
- Get to live in the best place in the world with a stable economy.
- Get a peaceful, multicultural environment and friendly people.
The Top Universities for doing Master of Science in Canada with Rankings
|University of Toronto||22||31|
|University of British Columbia||34||52|
|University of Montreal||108||130|
|University of Alberta||119||90|
|University of Calgary||201-250||217|
|University of ottawa||201-250||289|
|University of waterloo||201-250||152|
These are the top MS Universities in Canada for pursing higher education. Doing MS in Canada rankings are also given above in the table.
Admission requirement for pursuing MS in Canada
There are a lot of MS admission requirements in Canada.
- For doing Master of Science in Canada, you need to have a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- Your Academic score requirement is around 3 out of 4 roughly around 60-70%. For Indian Students, they need 7.0-7.5 CGPA to get admission.
- In top Universities, the minimum requirement is around 75-78 % academic score.
- English Language Proficiency Tests like IELTS & TOEFL are required in almost every University. The minimum score of IELTS needed for getting admission is 6.5.
- Some University also demands GRE|GMAT score for giving admission in their Universities.
- If you are planning to do your MS in business or finance or any other business-related field. You need to have at least 1-3 years of work experience.
- If you are planning to do Master of Science in Canada in the French language that you need to give an exam I.e. Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) and Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF). Mostly all the other courses are taught in English only.
Cost of studying Master of Science in Canada
The tuition fee for M in Canada is around $16,250 CAD around 8.5 Lacs INR to $28,650 CAD around 15 Lacs INR per year.
The duration of doing masters is 2 years including research work and field work.
The other living expenses in Canada is around 10,000 $ per year.
Scholarships for International Students to Study Master’s degree in Canada
The various scholarship programs are available for international students who are pursuing their Master’s Degree.
- IDRC Research scholarship award
- Organization of American States (OAS) Academic Scholarship Program
- Queen Elizabeth Scholarship programme
- Mitacs scholarship award
- Sauve Scholarship
List of MS Colleges in Canada which are providing scholarships
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia (UBC)
- University of Toronto
- University of Waterloo
- Queen’s University
- University of Alberta
- University of Manitoba
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Calgary
- HEC Montreal
- Western University
- Quest University
- Carleton University
- Dalhousie University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
Read More : How to study in Canada without IELTS